Subject: Re: AW: Bug: Battery Charging with low voltage

Re: AW: Bug: Battery Charging with low voltage

From: Ed MacDaniel <deadword_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 07:24:42 -0800

Howdy Carsten et al,

In case you are still looking for a replacement battery, here's a site I
found when I thought my original battery died after leaving it plugged
into the USB overnight with the result that it appeared that the V2 was
dead. Anyway, I left it plugged into the charger for a day or two and
by the time the new battery arrived, the V2 started up just fine. I'd
lost my settings of course, but those were easy enough to reset.

Anyhow, here's the link to the site. They have batteries, replacement
screens, replacement bumpers, etc.

http://www.newmp3technology.net/products.php?cat=7

And here's a site I found when I was looking for an external battery
pack to use for the V2 (and other devices as needed) for long plane
trips and other occasions when I wouldn't be able to use a charger.
Anyway, this site has an external battery pack that reportedly gives one
"80 extra hours of CD play". Don't know how much time it'll give you
for a V2 or other Jukebox though. There's compatibility chart that says
it works with some of the Archos devices (doesn't list the V2 though).
Has anyone used one of these (or something similar)?

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=521
http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=919

There are less expensive models too.

https://batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1284
https://batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1292

Be seeing you,

-ed

"Money frees you from doing things you dislike. Since I dislike doing
nearly everything, money is handy." Groucho Marx

<snip>