Subject: AW: AW: AW: Bug: Battery Charging with low voltage

AW: AW: AW: Bug: Battery Charging with low voltage

From: Matthias Klumpp <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:28:30 +0100

Hi Linus,

first of all a short update of the latest test results:

Test of your SW during the evening/night starting at 19:00.
At 00:xx it got stuck again.
It seems pretty reproducable to me, that it hangs after more or less 5h (was
the same with last test I did).
I disconnected/reconnected the charger (with JB off/on) and I was running
the test during the night again (starting at 00:30 more or less).
I found the JB stuck this morning (of course not sure ;-)) when exactly it
hang up).
This was with your SW flashed.

During the day I tried with Archos SW flashed and your SW loaded from HDD.
The JB did not hang up, but after 4h 12min the "Battery Charging" Pop-Up
came.

I disconnected the charger and switched the JB on w/o charger
-> JB boots Archos FW, tries to spin up HDD (short "click" sound), then JB
shuts off
-> Batteries empty :-((

4h12m is (more or less) what I observed previously with V2.3 and it is also
more or less the time the JB stuck with flashed RB.
I guess that "stuck" problem with flashed Rockbox could maybe also be caused
due to low power.
The (flashed) FW was then possibly stopping and returned to the browse
screen.
That way it was continuing chargeing, so I found it in this state (I was
never seeing exactly the time it went to the browser).

What do you think ?
Please have also a look at my proposal more at the end of this mail !

I'll charge now again with Archos FW and I'll repeat that test to verify the
4h once again.

Pointing out the test conditions, so I don't have to comment that in every
mail from now on.
All tests are done with these conditions (always the same):
- Fully charging batteries with Archos FW flashed until it shows "Charging
completed".
- Using test SW
- 9V Car charger connected to power supply (input voltage 14V as in the car)
- Connecting charger
- Select always same MP3 directory and play it endless
- Stopping time until it looses juice (or get's stucked ;-?)

Below some more comments according to your last mail.

THX

Matthias