Subject: Re: wanna buy a archos recorder

Re: wanna buy a archos recorder

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 13:24:54 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, Simon Eigeldinger wrote:

>> But you need to be quick to buy a H1xx - they are no longer in production
>> and selling out fast.
>
> really? Why we build on an old player when we create a new rockbox? can this
> only run on an 120?

We do it because we think its fun. We think the iRiver h1x0 players are good
(hardware-wise). Rockbox can run on the 120 and 140 so far (run as in it
starts and mostly works but there are lots of things left before it is up to
the standard it has on the good old Archos players).

Feel free to make it run on another player you think is more important.

It is not a "new Rockbox". It is the same Rockbox, just extended to run on yet
another player.