Subject: Re: disk upgrade

Re: disk upgrade

From: Manuel Dejonghe <limbus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 13:54:29 +0100

Hi,
I simply want to confirm this. I got the very same hard disk, and I
also especially appreciate it's so fast (my flashed unit takes about 2
or 2 1/2 seconds from keypress to resume - that is faster than the car
radio that powers it up :-)

I can't confirm it's hotter (I only had another hard drive for short a
while), but I noticed too it's louder (I was just getting asleep a few
times when the drive spun up, and it got me back awake. I solved that
problem with an ondio :-)

There is no such database of working hard disks, as per definition any
hard disk should work. Furthermore I don't know of any case where a
hard disk did not work.
I remember somebody on this list had an excel sheet, but he didn't
reply a few times now on such questions, so I supposed he discontinued
to maintain it.

Manuel