Subject: added FFW and REW to Rockbox Remote. Of interest?

added FFW and REW to Rockbox Remote. Of interest?

From: Tino Krist <tpmk_at_gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 22:06:33 +0100 (MET)

Hello all,

half a year ago, I have added a FFW/REW capability to the
remote interface of my Archos Recorder.

To accomplish this, I have used a dayly build of your Rockbox
(rockbox-daily-20040718.tar.gz) and the remote created by
someone called "notching". See
(http://www.geocities.com/notching/temporarypreviewfile.html)

This remote connects the Sony RM-X4S joystick used for
controlling the cars stereo to the Archos box. The remote
is based on the PIC 16F873.

Due to the fact, that I had a car with this setup, I used this
project and yours to put it in my car. It annoyed me, that a
FFW/REW was missing, so I added it to both sides. I toke care,
that my modifications of the Rockbox are as minimal as possible,
also that the remote remains compatible with the unaltered version
of Rockbox.

My question is: By nature of it, I want others to participate.
But I dont want to take the time if you tell me, that feature
will not be of interest. It will also mean to introduce a
few changes to your software.

The car is gone in the meantime, I kept only the joystick.
The vagabounding sources and schematics are all thats left.
If you want, I can collect them for an audit. I you find them
worthy, we will see what to do.

Thanx for you time, and - first of all - thanx to the team for
this great piece of software we all benefit from!

I hope, this mail has not embarrassed anyone!

Kind regards,

  Tino Krist from Berlin - Germany

--
Lassen Sie Ihren Gedanken freien Lauf... z.B. per FreeSMS
GMX bietet bis zu 100 FreeSMS/Monat: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail