Subject: archos not recognized (XP Pro, SP2)

archos not recognized (XP Pro, SP2)

From: Todd <btodd_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 06:13:57 -0800 (PST)

hi all. my old AMD Win ME box melted over christmas, so I bought a new
compaq with xp pro. however, when I plugged in my trusty JBR 20, it
failed to show up in My Computer/Explorer as a drive. After
considerable exploration, I was able to find the archos through the
Computer Management screen. Under Disk Management, it pops right up. I
can open an explorer window to see the drive contents, but as soon as I
navigate away, Explorer "forgets" that the drive is there! The big
problem is in using winamp (or WMP or Real player, etc). These programs
apparently rely on the system to tell them what drives are where -
result, I cannot load, save playlists, songs etc on the computer. My
JBR rand and registered no problem on my old Win ME (with drivers since
lost that came with) and on work laptop with XP Home. I downloaded the
drivers from the archos site but system continues to use MS drivers
from 7/01. can anyone help me?