Subject: RE: archos not recognized (XP Pro, SP2)

RE: archos not recognized (XP Pro, SP2)

From: Mark Bright <mark_at_redbreva.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 18:52:26 -0000

My XP Pro SP2 machine sometimes 'sees' my Archos as a "Removable Media" and
will not allow use of long file names etc on it, no drive letter assigned -
a re-boot with the Archos still connected seems to sort it out. It may then
be fine for weeks.

Two changes occurred about the time I started to notice this issue - Service
Pack 2, and I started to "Suspend" my PC during the week, rather than
switching it off every night.

I have reverted back to turning it off every time, and have not seen the
issue since...