Subject: Re: Rockbox Digest, Vol 13, Issue 36

Re: Rockbox Digest, Vol 13, Issue 36

From: Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:46:33 +0100

Ray Lambert wrote:
> I'm trying lame --nogap right now. So how does --nogap work, exactly?
> Doesn't it have to cut or insert something to prevent partial frames?

I'm not sure, I tried it once with Exact Audio Copy and it didn't work.
I didn't investigate further since the other procedure (extract as one
file and cut afterwards) worked well for me.

I guess you have to encode all tracks at once with lame to have the
desired effect. Something like

lame --nogap track1.wav track2.wav track3.wav ...

Perhaps Björn or Johan who reported succesful usage of the --nogap
option can jump in here and describe it further.

Andreas
--
Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>