Subject: Re: Mac Compile Errors

Re: Mac Compile Errors

From: Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley <ashridah_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:33:08 +1100

Bagder and I just helped someone on the IRC channel track this down.
(sorry, no idea what Bagder's real name is, darned IRC)

It turns out apple have made a funtastic change to the default operation
of their GNU c preprocessor, which rockbox uses to generate a list of
files to include for compilation.
They forced the preprocessor to add a #pragma line to the beginning of
output, for some reason to do with xcode (why this should be a default
then is puzzling, but nevetheless)

It can be worked around by modifying the makefiles that reference
something similar to
SRC := $(shell cat SOURCES | gcc -DMEMORYSIZE=$(MEMORYSIZE) $(INCLUDES)
$(TARGET) $(DEFINES) $(EXTRA_DEFINES) -E -P -include "config.h" - )

Into
SRC := $(shell cat SOURCES | m68k-elf-gcc -DMEMORYSIZE=$(MEMORYSIZE)
$(INCLUDES) $(TARGET) $(DEFINES) $(EXTRA_DEFINES) -E -P -include
"config.h" - )

(or whatever for archos/gmini, which will have sane preprocessor
operation. this needs to go into several makefiles however.)

there's all sorts of mentions of it and issues it's caused if you search
for
#pragma GCC set_debug_pwd
in google.

there might well be a cleaner solution to this tho, but this works as a
temporary workaround.

Andrew Pilley