Subject: Re: More Responsive Track Switching

Re: More Responsive Track Switching

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:18:01 +0100

Tom Cole wrote:
> I don't think that this will work, as the spin-down time setting is only
> operative when using the file browser. When disc activity is a result of
> filling the MP3 buffer, spin-down is immediate.

Not entirely true. If the spinup is caused by a user action, in this
case the next-track action, the disk spindown timer will be used. If the
spinup is caused by the MP3 buffer fill, it will spin down immediately
after filling the buffer.

So the next-next action will be faster if the disk spindown timer is
long enough.

Linus