Subject: Re: VoiceBox script punctuation

Re: VoiceBox script punctuation

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:03:08 -0500

Maynframe wrote:
> Hi, listers,
>
> The VoiceBox script worked beautifully. My question is there a way to have
> dashes and underscores silenced? Many of my song title words are separated
> by dashes or underscores rather than spaces and it gets a little annoying to
> hear:
> A underscore Hard underscore Rain's underscore A underscore Gonna underscore
> Fall.mp3

What are the preferences vis-a-vis file extensions, too, BTW? Should
they be voiced in order to differentiate between playlists, config
files, and mp3 files, or are the file locations and names sufficient to
distinguish between them already? Anyone have folders, songs, and
playlists with the same name all sitting in the same folder? I don't
personally, but you never know. =) I can go ahead and remove the file
extensions from the spoken text, too, as long as I'm making an update.