Subject: Re: AJR v1 battery recharging patch

Re: AJR v1 battery recharging patch

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 18:18:44 +0100 (MET)

> > I've only briefly looked into the code, powermgmnt.c is
> still
> > a mess. ;-)
> >
> > Somehow I've hoped we can get away with something a lot more simple.
>
> Hey, c'mon, its a simpler than it was! :-) It is smaller too :-).

No offense intended, you know.

> > For the option clutter, I think we can remove the trickle charge (making
> > this always on), and perhaps the deep discharge (always off).
>
> Yes, that would be a good improvement. The whole deep discharge vs.
> trickle charge enable/disable would profit from a "step back and
> rethink" approach: look again at what we want to accomplish and then
> (re-)implement it cleanly.

I'll check it in tonight, it behaved well here, too.
In a second commit I will remove the trickle+deep options from the UI, I'll
probably leave the resulting simplifications in the algorithm for you. ;-)

> Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> > I too want to have the charging code as simple as possible. I think we
> > could combine the trickle/deep discharge into one.

These are unrelated things, with the first being completely useless, and the
second almost. NiMH cells don't suffer from memory effects. I don't see how
we can combine something here.

Jörg

--
DSL Komplett von GMX +++ Supergünstig und stressfrei einsteigen!
AKTION "Kein Einrichtungspreis" nutzen: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl