Subject: Re: Where to buy DC Adapter JBS from Germany; Voltage?

Re: Where to buy DC Adapter JBS from Germany; Voltage?

From: Ronald Teune <rtwolf_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 16:03:19 +0100

Hi,

There's a faq for batteries already:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/BatteryFAQ
[quote]
To summarize:

do not use an input voltage > 12V (it will only heat up the regulator)
optimal input voltage is 10V (regulated)
use a fuse of ~600mA
using a different charger voids your warrenty
[/quote]

Ronald

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:42:59 +0100, Markus Grebenstein
<sassodimorte_at_gmx.de> wrote:

> Thanks a lot!
>
> So the DC- controller of the charging circuit runs with 9 and 12V,
> right? (I'm a little bit scared because I killed the DC-DC regulator
> once and don't want to change it another time; my Display didn't forgive
> me the dissasembing =-( )
>
> Chears ,
>
> Markus
>
> Martin Borus schrieb:
>> I recommend buying an Ansmann Traveller Power Adaptor.
>> I've used this with my JBR since I bought it.
>> This works well all over Europe and the USA. It does both 12V and
>> 9V and does not get hot on either setting. On ebay Germany for 17
>> Euros (incl postage)
>> http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28983&item=3878256642&rd=1
>> On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 13:53:40 +0100, Markus Grebenstein
>> <sassodimorte_at_gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear guys out there,
>>>
>>> after nearly half a year I managed to get my Studio 20 running again.
>>> But sadly I lost my DC- Adapter. Can anyone tell me where to buy one in
>>> Germany?
>>>
>>> One further Question. Searching the archos pages I found, that two
>>> adapters with different voltages fit to the JBS 20:
>>>
>>> 12V:
>>> http://www.archos.com/products/prw_500288_specs.html
>>>
>>> 9V:
>>> http://www.archos.com/products/prw_100180_specs.html
>>>
>>> One with 12V and the Standard 9V. Is that right? Does the 12V one
>>> charge
>>> faster?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot in advance!
>>>
>>> Chears,
>>>
>>> Markus
>>> --
>>> | Markus Grebenstein |
>>> | Adalbertstrasse 88 80799 Muenchen |
>>> | Tel.: 089/62509834 Fax.: 089/1488-269718 |

mail: rtwolf_at_gmx.net
mail: r.teune_at_student.utwente.nl
msn: zeekoe2_at_hetnet.nl
icq: 211304012