Subject: "-._.-" Cyborg Systems Rockbox DevKit v3.10 "-._.-"

"-._.-" Cyborg Systems Rockbox DevKit v3.10 "-._.-"

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:14:30 +0000

                          RELEASED TODAY

        Cyborg Systems Windows Development Kit version 3.10

First of all, a big Thank You to the many people who have taken time to
email me [BlueChip] with words of thanks and helpful feedback.

If you want a simple way to tweak Rockbox, the C.S. Windows DevKit is
_still_ the quickest, smallest and simplest way to get started.

# No need to fill your hard disk with 450MB of files you will never use.
   The ENTIRE system (installer and all) is smaller than 10MB (**1)

# No need to learn how build your own compilers from scratch. (**2)

The latest Rockbox Dev Kit comes complete with a tutorial on CVS and
instructions worthy of the first time developer.

The experienced developer will enjoy the simplicity of the installer, and
the speed at which you are ready to start compiling almost immediately.

You can find the latest Dev Kit at the usual place:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cyborgsystems
especially
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/cyborgsystems/Rockbox
(If you type the latter link by hand, be careful of the capital 'R')

Other features include:

# Proper PC Keyboard support in "BASH"
   Yes, even the [del] key :)

# Many keyboard macros predefined
   Including F1 for online help!

# Can be installed on the same machine as other cygwin installations
   A batch file allows you to toggle between two installations!

# Colour coded directory listings
   Knows about .ajz files and similar

# Loads of other stuff ;)

As ever, all feedback is greatfully appreciated ...and, need I say,
the inspiration to continue developing :)

Enjoy,

   BlueChip
   l .
   e P=CS
   C i
   h hCeu
   i C l
   pih eulB

(**1) The reference install from which the DevKit is deduced is 483MB

(**2) Currently only the sh1 (jukebox) and m68k (iriver) compilers are
       included. If anyone would like the calmrisc (gmini) compiler
       please contact me directly or via this list.