Subject: Re: I'm confused, trying to make my folders and files talk

Re: I'm confused, trying to make my folders and files talk

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 23:15:09 -0500

Sarai D. Bucciarelli wrote:
> Okay I copied the lame encoder to the voicebox folder I tried to open the
> scrip file, got Norton to permit it then hit enter. I got a message saying I
> couldn't find the lame encoder.
> What do I do. Since they're script files, I can't copy anything in to it.
> The lame encoder I installed it on my computer and opened it, but jaws won't
> read the menus so I'm lost.

The script looks for lame.exe in its own (the script's) containing
folder. If you've unzipped the whole package onto your hard drive (or
onto the jukebox) and copied lame.exe into that folder, then it
shouldn't have any problem. Note that you can't just open up the zip
file and run the script from there - in windows that just makes a
"temporary" folder. You must *extract* the folder and put it on a hard
drive somewhere, either the PC or the Archos.

Does that help any?