Subject: Re: USB2 Speed

Re: USB2 Speed

From: Jean Boullier <jean.boullier_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 20:51:08 +0100

Peter,
Before giving up you could try Archos' "Download pre-installer software
for jukebox MP3 players"
<http://www.archos.com/download/drivers/TPPINST_5_04.EXE> from their
"Download->Drivers" page. Once downloaded you simply execute it and it
usually does a pretty could job of cleaning old drivers and installing
the right new one. I have already used it for Win98 and WinXP machines
and I have been happy with the results.

If that is not enough to solve your problem make sure you test your
jukebox on the very same port that apparently works as a USB2 : I have
read that it happens that USB ports on the front panel of some PCs
cannot work at USB2 speeds while those on the back panel do work
correctly (a weak internal connection problem, they said).

I confirm that the speed for a V1 JBR20 should be about 8 Mbytes/s.

Good luck. Jean.

Peter a écrit:

>On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:19:42 +0100, you wrote:
>

>>Peter wrote:
>>

>>>The above player only connects to USB-1 does anyone know if it is
>>>supposed to connect to USB-2 because at the momment am only getting
>>>about 1meg a second.
>>>

>>Stupid question: does your computer have a 2.0 USB port?
>>

>Am sorry that I offended you with this question but as I said in my
>post I was getting conflicting information from employees of Archos.
>
>Yes i have USB2 as far as i know.
>
>Thank You,

Jean Boullier - Rouen - Normandie - France