Subject: Re: USB2 Speed

Re: USB2 Speed

From: Peter <pdoy_at_miacatt.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 00:30:20 +0000

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 17:17:36 -0600, you wrote:

>Peter wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 16:26:47 -0600, you wrote:
>>

>>>Did you try swapping USB cables as well?
>>>Glenn
>>

>> The Ipod uses a different cable but I bought a cable and that
>> transfers at USB1.1 speed also.
>
>Does it say "USB 2.0 Hard Disk" on the bottom of the face?
>If it is an upgraded 15, it may be USB 1.1

Yes it say's USB 2.0 Hard Disk.

And when the Archos Recorder is connected to my PC it has
"USB Storage Adapter V2 (TPP)" in Device Manager/USB Controllers and
the "USB Storage Adapter V2 (TPP)" then connects to the "USB Root Hub"
in Device Manager, I thought like the Ipod it would connect to the
"USB 2.0 Root Hub"

also when I go to the properties of the drive it say's it is a
"Hitachi_DK23DA-20 USB Disk"