Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: realaudiofiles and rockbox
Re: realaudiofiles and rockbox
From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 10:48:05 -0700
Hello & welcome to rockbox.
I'm pretty sure Gold Wave will allow you to open the .ra file then save it
as an MP3 file. NO need to record it.
1) Launch Gold Wave & under the options menu choose file types & tab through
the options to select MP3, bit rate stereo, mono etc.
2) Control O to open a sound file
3) Tab to file type & scroll to the all files selection
4) Shift Tab twice to focus on the folder/file window
5) Select the file you want to open and press enter on it.
6) Wait until the file is completely loaded you can press space bar to play
& stop it once it is loaded
7) Under the file menu select save as
and Rename your file accordingly. Otherwise the file name will be something
like: Enter Sand Man.ra.MP3
8) Hit the enter key and wait for the conversion to finish.
9) After the file is converted a window will ask you if you want to
permanently save the format. Select yes to do so and SHAZAM! Your good to
Gold Wave rocks like rockbox...rocker
----- Original Message -----
From: "helmuth schlögl" <helmuth.schloegl_at_gmx.at>
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:05 AM
Subject: realaudiofiles and rockbox
I found a song that I want to upload to my archos recorder.
Unfortunately, it's a .ramfile (realplayer). I tried to use the
uploadfeature in realplayer but I noticed that's not accessible enough
for the blind. And as I'm blind, I'm now a bit stuck. Is there a tool
to convert .ramfiles to mp without making it sound worse than the
Thanks in advance, Helmuth
Received on 2005-03-13