Subject: Refomatting with FAT32 - was: (no subject)

Refomatting with FAT32 - was: (no subject)

From: Martin Borus <mborus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:14:35 +0100

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:19:26 +0100, Jean-Jacques MAZET <jjmazet_at_free.fr> wrote:
> I own an archos jbr 10 flashed with rockbox;I tried to format the disk but made a mistake
> now the message is no fat 32 partition and i cannot connect the archos to a PC(usb
> doesnot seem to work)
> Has anybody any idea?

You should still be able to access it on your PC to reformat it with FAT32.

I assume you:
- have windows XP
- the jukebox still goes into USB mode when you start it
  (if not - connect it to USB before turning it on and hold F1 while
you press ON)

You can go into "settings"/"system"/"Computer Management" (my XP is
not English, the real terms might be similar). In "Computer
Management" can can look up all connected hard disks and format them.

This doesn't help? Then please specify your operating system and what
happens to the jukebox, when you connect it to USB.

Martin