Subject: Re: Looking for a mic pre-amp in UK

Re: Looking for a mic pre-amp in UK

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:02:39 +0000

>Can anyone suggest a mic pre-amp available in the UK, preferably
>online? I'm a bit reluctant to have my mother paying Archos or Sony
>prices for a pre-amp to use with her Ondio (it arrived just this week,
>I'm so glad I got her to ditch that crazy idea of getting an MD to use
>with the kids at school) if any others are available cheaper.
>
>Many thanks
>
>Joe

If you have any idea at all how to use a soldering iron, you can make one
simply enough by hacking apart some old dead tape recorder - then you can
put it in a pen and tuck it in your top pocket ;)

Otherwise, there's a fair selection here:
http://www.maplin.co.uk/search.aspx?MenuNo=878&MenuName=Headphones+%26+Microphones&worldid=6&FromMenu=y&doy=15m3

or http://tinyurl.com/4slhl

Shame Tandy's is gone* :( ...but maybe you are lucky enough to live near a
Maplin's?

BC

*Rat Shack's name in the UK, but it died about 10 years ago - shame, their
PZM mic technology was/is damn good.