Rockbox mail archive
Subject: Re: [MOD] HD spinning indication
Re: [MOD] HD spinning indication
I can tell you how to do it as I have done it myself.
1. Order 4 0805 smd leds in the color of your chioce (I used
lsdiodes.com based in Oregon, USA)
2. Take off the battery covers and the front plate
3. Before taking out the batteries, turn on your unit and test the
polarity of the leds and write this down
4. Carefully take back the lcd (there are two little tabs on each side)
5. Remove the old leds with your iron
6. CAREFULLY cut the trace connection betwene the led pads on each
side. (Sorry I do not have a picture, it is the line that wires them
7. Solder in the new leds (make sure the polarity is corect to what
you wrote down, the leds are usualy marked with a blue dot for the
8. Using thin wire, solder one end to the top of the top leds, and the
other end to the top of the bottom leds. and do the same from bototm
of top leds, to bottom of bottom leds.
(you may need to adjust your font for this...)
led| | |
_ --| |
| | | <-wires
If someone can clean this up for me, and add pictures, this would be
great to add to the wiki!
On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 13:21:22 +0100, Ronald Teune <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Jörg,
> Do you have pictures or other somewhat detailed info (like that one needs
> to use 0805 leds)on your white led mod? I seem to remember seeing some
> info (that you needed to rewire the leds, etc), but the only thing I could
> find in the wiki was this:
> http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/CaseModding. Couldn't find any
> good info in the irc logs either.
> Thanks in advance,
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:22:16 +0100 (MET), [IDC]Dragon <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> >> Pretty useless in itself, but so is IDCdragon's
> >> white led mod (which I'm going to do soon, as soon as I get my white
> >> 1206
> >> leds).
> > No, you need 0805 LEDs, 1206 is too big!
> > I'm resisting the urge to comment on "uselessness".
> > Jörg
Received on Thu Mar 17 01:18:08 2005
Page was last modified "Jan 10 2012" The Rockbox Crew