Subject: Re: problem (jukebox player (help please!

Re: problem (jukebox player (help please!

From: Sof <netwalker_at_free.fr>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:21:43 +0100

[IDC]Dragon,
You wrote:

>But I doubt your missing voice problem has anything to do with the flash.

I doubt too because it works for a few days as I formerly said. I don't understand why this voice feature has been lost without any reason. I have to say that I had a driver problem under windows xp and sometimes, I had a blue screen when I plug my box to the USB port. It seem to solved now (amiconn gave me another driver on IRC) but could this problem have dammaged something on the disk? I'm performing a scandisk actually on the unit but it takes a long time in USB 1.1 but I honestly don't think that it will solve the problem since I have already formatted my unit twice. :(
It's a pitty, this rockbox in flash was working well before! I thought it was a good idea to come back to the old internal rom since I have no other things to try.

>Resetting to factory defaults also rules out another possible cause: if
>your
>playlist and dir buffer settings are very large, the remaining memory
>becomes too small for the voice file.

Now I just have an audio book contianing 12 tracks on the disk and I still haven't any voice. Moreover, I've had some playlists containing about 1200 songs without any problems... I don't know... I'm lost. Everything is working except this... it's strange!

>Are you 100% sure the voice file is in place?

100% sure. I have a french.lng, an english.lng, a french.voice and an english.voice in j:\.rockbox\langs\. I have deleted all the languages I don't need. I even tried to restore all languages files from a fresh install, thinking that it would be better to have all files installed!
If you want, I can post for you the name of all the files I have in my .rockbox folder but I don't think it will be very helpfull.

Thanks for your help. If I have some new clues, i'll post here assap.