Subject: autoconf.h

autoconf.h

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 01:35:31 +0200 (CEST)

Hey

I just now introduced 'autoconf.h', which is a header file generated in the
build directory (next to the Makefile) by the configure script. The script
detects the endian of the host computer when a simulator is built.

It currently stores endian information in there, that is not used anywhere
just yet.

Needed to take advantage of it:

o Include the file, most suitable from the config.h header file I guess.

o Make sure $(OBJDIR) is added to the include path even in firmware and
   elsewhere.

o Fix how the codecs refer to the root build dir, since they change
   OBJDIR to point to a subdir and thus it can't find autoconf.h! I guess we
   can simply pass on a second varible, called BUILDDIR or something.

Ideas:

We could let autoconf.h include the proper config-*.h header file. Or possibly
we could simply append the contents of the proper config-*.h header to the
bottom of the autoconf.h header, to finally be able to remove the #ifdef /
#elsif thing from config.h.

Comments?

Now: sleep.