Subject: Re: archos Jukebox Studio 20 and instalation of rockbox

Re: archos Jukebox Studio 20 and instalation of rockbox

From: Sarai D. Bucciarelli <bucc7465_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 14:21:48 -0500

Chris,
I'm blind too. Okay, first of all, you don't need the software that came
with the player. Uninstall it. I have XP and when I hook the recorder to the
computer, it shows as drive E under my computer. You just copy things to the
player like normal. You have to unzip the rockbox directly to the player,
not copy the files. Put the ajbreck.adj on the root directory of the player.
I know that isn't spelled right, but Jaws will read the file like this. Then
follow the steps from the FAQ for blind users. When you get through, unplug
the unit, put on the head phones and turn it off then on again. The rockbox
should load, hit the f 1 button, the first of the three buttons below the
screen. It should read the menus. I think voices is under general settings,
you can set the reading structures of the files and directories here.