Subject: Re: Recording with the Archos recorder

Re: Recording with the Archos recorder

From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead5_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2005 22:29:58 -0500

Hi BC
Well, I've tested both the jacks I can test with with the pre-amp, i even
replaced the batterry in it and still nothing. I did find out that on my
recorder you *do* have to push the play button twice to actually start a
recording. So, this time, I actually got some recordings but they were
blank. I'll try hooking the player up to an audio source and try a
recording of that. If it worksthen we can narrow that down. Really i'm
just trying to do the process of elimination. All the jacks do seem to be
solid though, when i put plugs into them they do seem to be tight enough,
but that probably doesn't mean much though. I'll be sure to let you know
of my progress. So far though, still nothing, even after replacing the
battery. now, what I did was I plugged the mic into the pre-amp, and then
plugged the pre-amp into the line-in of the archos. That should work, I
would think.