Subject: Re: Autoresume confuses me

Re: Autoresume confuses me

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:49:42 -0400

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 22:42:45 +0200 (CEST), Daniel Stenberg
<daniel_at_rockbox.org> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Jun 2005, Jonas H. wrote:
>
>> Am I the only one who thinks it's confusing that with Resume turned on
>> ("Yes"), the player will resume unconditionally even if I weren't playing
>> anything when I shut down?
>
>We made it this way since otherwise it was too easy to make a mistake.
>
>Before, you had to shut down while actually playing a song, but if you
>accidentally pressed stop first that stopped the music and _then_ shut it
>down, it wouldn't resume...
>
>So we fixed one very frequent annoyance with another (in my view more
>tolerable) annoyance.

YES! That is the correct fix. I rely heavily on it. I know that
regardless of what I've been doing, I can press ON and resume what I
was last listening to.

One nice modification to the resume memory would be for it to save the
end of file if the list plays to completion. Maybe position the
pointer to the end of file and enter PAUSE mode when ON is pressed.
The usefulness of this would be after one goes to sleep while
listening to an audio book and it plays out, to find one's general
place again. After a good sleep and a mental reboot, sometimes I
can't remember the title I was listening to.

John
---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com