Subject: Re: Autoresume confuses me

Re: Autoresume confuses me

From: <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 18:49:16 +0100 (BST)

> Well if you pressed stop before shutting down, you weren't really
> listening to it now were you? I guess this is a case of me wanting
> "strictly correct" behaviour, while most people want the software to
> guess what they mean. I'm more annoyed by a wrong guess than by it not
> doing what I had hoped - provided it's "logical" in the eyes of the
> software. If I accidentally pressed stop, that's my fault, and I will
> not blame the software for interpreting it as stop.

As an additional data point - if we truly want Rockbox to have a superset
of the iRiver features, then autoresume should be fixed to at least offer
the option of an iRiver-like resume (which is exactly how Jonas describes
above). i.e. when player is turned on it resumes doing whatever it was
doing before it turned off.