Subject: Re: A 'Tape' state for files

Re: A 'Tape' state for files

From:  °¿°   <joerch.net_at_web.de>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 12:46:03 +0200

>The fact is that cassette's have an advantage that is not seen in _any_
>'superior' device at the moment and that is the ability to continue
>where they left off regardless of the device they are playing in. I.E.
>listen to a tape in the car, arrive at your destination and take the
>tape into the house and continue.

Yes there is an device, which can do it. Rockbox video plugin. Jörg H. implemented a function to resume video files by adding a resume-byte in the rvf-header itself. You can copy the video to annother rockbox-player and it will resume.
How about to use some unused bytes in ID3-Tag for storing resume informations? Rockbox read this info, change the icon is file browser and resume if you start playing it?

Joerch