Subject: Re: Vorbis metadata

Re: Vorbis metadata

From: <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:09:28 +0200 (MEST)

>Does that do a "brute force" scan of the whole file?

Yes. However, vorbisfile seems to do some sort of search to avoid a full scan
(based on the fact that each stream should have a unique serial number),
so perhaps there is a better way.

>Are you also working on parsing Vorbis Comments? My FLAC parser (FLAC
>is a nice, sensible file format, with a sensible header and clear
>documentation) detects the location of the vorbis comments block, but
>doesn't yet do anything with them.

Yes, I do. Just got it working as well (a basic version that is, that doesn't
parse the UTF-8 data). Might not be easy to use the code right away in the
FLAC parser (unless it is in an Ogg file), but the structure is simple enough...

  Magnus