Subject: Re: iRiver keybindings

Re: iRiver keybindings

From: <dave_at_beermex.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 17:32:26 +0100 (BST)

Hmm.. additionally, in the stock iriver firmware, a short push on
joystick and short push on PLAY are I think functionally equivalent

So how about keeping that behaviour. Then we can say *long* push on
joystick brings up the option menu (equivalent to iriver long push on
joystick brings up menu). *Long* push on a-b is the playlist enqueue
functionality on iriver so let's bind that to bringing up the playlist
menu (which is currently long push on joystick)

So then it makes most sense for the 'f2' menu to actually be bound to a
*short* push on RECORD: reason being that a long push on Record is less
easy to do accidentally.

Does this sound agreeable?

What is the 'f2' menu anyway?