Subject: Re: Call for translators

Re: Call for translators

From: Sander Sweers <sander.sweers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 12:27:15 +0200

On 26/06/05, Jonas H. <rasher_at_rasher.dk> wrote:
> In light of a possible 2.5 release in the not too distant future, I'd
> like to take this opportunity to encourage people to bring the
> translation-files up to date.
>
> Currently 14 languages have more than 90% of the strings translated.
> This is pretty good and can be quickly fixed before an eventual release,
> but the remaining could do with some caring eyes and minds.
>
> This is work that can easily be done by non-developers. See the page
> http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/HowtoUpdateLangfile for
> information on how to update a language-file. If you don't have access
> to a perl installation, which is needed, feel free to ask, either here or
> on the IRC channel for someone to take care of that part of the process.
>
> The current status of translations (a few minutes ago) is the following:
>
> Language Untranslated strings Percent translated
>
> Dansk 0 100
> English 0 100
> Deutsch 1 99,81
> Norsk 4 99,22
> Svenska 4 99,22
> Finnish 5 99,03
> Francais 5 99,03
> Islenska 10 98,06
> Italiano 17 96,71
> Espanol 20 96,12
> Greek 20 96,12
> Russian 20 96,12
> Wallisertitsch 45 91,28
> Czech 46 91,09
> Nederlands 110 78,68
> Polski-ascii 147 71,51
> Polski 147 71,51
> Slovenscina 155 69,96
> Galego 193 62,60
> Romaneste 201 61,05
> Bulgarian 229 55,62
> Turkce 253 50,97
> Portugues 265 48,64
> Hebrew 292 43,41
> Afrikaans 297 42,44
>
> If you do decide to update a language, post the result to the patch
> tracker, or here on the mailinglist.

I am happy to get the Dutch one above the 90% but they are not always
consistant with capitols. Example:

eng: "Car Adapter Mode" and eng: "Remove preset"

The first one has a capitol for each word but the second one only the
first. The wiki does not cover this, so what is the oficial policy?

I also noticed that special letters like ë and è do not work correctly
(at least in Dutch). Is this a bug or does rockbox not support these?

Thank