Subject: Re: Autoloadconfig v2: Quickcfg

Re: Autoloadconfig v2: Quickcfg

From: Matt Swieboda <meswhitesox3_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 23:07:17 -0500

>> Hi,
>>
>> made a new patch to be able to quickly load config files. It also
>> removes a few useless if's in onplay.c.
>> Comments & critics please.
>>
>> Copypaste from the patch description
>>
>> New version of autoloadconfig, but because the resume screen is gone,
>> this one is in the context menu. It shows a list of config files at
>> /.rockbox/quickcfg for quickly changing settings.
>> Q: Why the context menu?
>> A: I would rather have it in the F2 or F3 menu, but patches changing
>> that menu are not allowed. This menu seemed the best way to quickly
>> access it from WPS.
>>
>> Q: Why not just browse /.rockbox ?
>> A: It will show all folders clogging the .rockbox dir, so to access the
>> config files there has to be scrolled quite a bit. Also, there may me
>> more config files than needed to quickly access.
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1240548&group_id=44306&atid=439120
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Ronald

I've always wanted a quick menu for configs, the other one was so deep in
the main menu. This one sounds good. Sorry for my asking, but I am unsure of
where the "context menu" is. Is this the Main Menu accessed by pressing F1
on a FM Recorder, or is it the ID3 Info accessed from the WPS? Or am I just
an idiot and have no clue where it is? If you could tell me, thanks! The
patch sounds great though, as long as it is easily accessible. I would have
made a patch like that a while ago if I knew C a little better. I am just
starting out...

- M.E.S. White Sox 3