Subject: Re: miipekk: apps playback.c,1.132,1.133

Re: miipekk: apps playback.c,1.132,1.133

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2005 12:20:51 -0600

Rocker wrote:
> I would suggest to
> generate an 'error sound' (a beep?) in case that a file in a playlist
> could
> not be opened and played. This would remind the user to cleanup his
> playlist.
>
> I like this idea from a blind users perspective...rocker

Unfortunately it's horrible from the perspective of someone who has
playlists stored on computer and jukebox, but all the files only on the
computer. Lots of annoying beeps. And no, we really don't need another
config file option. Rockbox configuration is already excessive.

Christi

AH but you are assuming that you are playing the box while sinked with the
PC right? Or am I missing something here. I guess I was thinking of the
IRiver which can support a larger rockbox configuration. Personally, I run
my play lists through MP3 gain before copying to the player which catches
corrupted files.

Could not a feature such as this be included as one of the Voice UI options
thus making it possible to turn it off/on by choice?

It's no biggy. Just food for thought. I will be happy once the bugs are
out of the IRiver port & the Voice UI is implemented.

respects...rocker