Subject: Iriver speaking

Iriver speaking

From: rob powell <rob_at_rinty.plus.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 22:09:08 +0100

Hi all, a couple of questions.

First, I've been looking on the site, and am really impressed with the
progress that's been made on the porting to the iriver players.
Thanks very much to everyone for their work, I wish I had the skills
to do stuff. I've not been around for over a year, and the
development in that time is wonderful.

Is there anything that I, a non-programmer whose not currently
working, can do to help? and am I right to assume that the rockbox
builds won't work with the PMP players? Just want to make sure before
I spend my very limited pennies.

Second, when is rockbox likely to be speaking so that I can use it?
I'm particularly keen to exchange my FM recorder for an iriver,
because most of the audio books I get these days are in .ogg format.
Actually as I've upgraded my hard drive and got my box flashed, I'll
probably keep both, one for music and one for books. I'm more than
happy to buy a unit, and help testing the new software if that would
help. I'm totally blind, which is why I need speech.

Anyone whose missed it, please note my new email, rob_at_rinty.plus.com.

Rob