Subject: Re: How to easily get fonts

Re: How to easily get fonts

From: Dave Wiard <lists_at_wiard.net>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 15:27:06 -0700

Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Frederic Devernay wrote:
>
>> It's BSD-like license (do whatever you want with it, provided you keep
>> the copyright information with the fonts). Is the BSD license
>> GPL-compatible?
>
> The Modified BSD one is, the Original BSD one isn't.

As I read all the licenses around this Lucida font we cannot distribute
it with Rockbox but we could provide it separately as a package unto
itself. Since Rockbox is released under GPL, the Lucida license is not
compatible the two have to be distributed separately. Possibly, this is
as easy as putting Lucida on the wiki page but seeing that it never gets
into the CVS tree. Better yet, point people to a URL where they can get
this font themselves and don't get near it with Rockbox...

Dave