Rockbox mail archiveSubject: definitive WAV patch
definitive WAV patch
From: Frederic Devernay <frederic.devernay_at_m4x.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 18:21:17 +0200
I updated the WAV patch before going on vacation, and I don't intend to work on
it anymore, except if bug are found.
The latest version supports the following formats:
* - PCM, up to 32 bits, supporting 32 bits playback when useful.
* - ALAW and MULAW (16 bits compressed on 8 bits).
* - DVI_ADPCM (16 bits compressed on 4 or 3 bits).
It parses correctly the WAVE file headers (even exotic ones), and it also
supports searching WAVE files.
The patch can be found at:
You can find various WAVE files (including broken ones, to make sure they don't
crash rockbox) from the links I put on
The only "missing" stuff in it are:
- Microsoft ADPCM support, which is a pain in the ass to implement
- IEEE floating-point support, waiting for floating-points conversion routines
Received on 2005-08-11
Page was last modified "Sat May 23 08:12:40 2020" The Rockbox Crew