Subject: ROMbox is back, for all flashable Archos

ROMbox is back, for all flashable Archos

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 00:51:32 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

impatient people caused me to do a pre-release, prior to v2.5, see:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/BootBox

I did prepare firmware images with both BootBox in the first and a daily
build of ROMbox in the 2nd part. (With the 2nd just for safety, in case
bootbox should give a problem). Flashing such an image leaves 228 KB behind
BootBox, more than enough to give Rombox back. Normal safety rules and
disclaimer apply, of course.

We can now officially distribute the images, since they don't contain Archos
code any more. In future they will go without the 2nd image, very
lightweight. Now that it fits for all, perhaps ROMbox will become the only
supported way of flasing, why would anybody not want the 150 KB gain?
Startup on Ondio is a bit faster, no decompression any more. The other
models look faster, but Rockbox still has to wait for the disk spinup.

So long
Jörg