Subject: Re: SourceForge BTS considered harmful

Re: SourceForge BTS considered harmful

From: Jonas H. <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 15:57:50 +0200

On Fri, Sep 02, 2005 at 03:15:30PM +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, Jonas H. wrote:
>
> >This thing (the SourceForge bug/feature-request/patch tracking system) is
> >giving me the creeps! I don't like it. It's just.. annoying. There's no
> >way to mark duplicates or relations between bugs etc.
>
> I think most of us agree with your sentiments.

Good to hear that it's not just me going mad.

> I think we should go bugzilla instead, but I so far failed to find a
> script/tool that would help us migrate the existing bug reports. Starting
> over from scratch would be an unfortunate step, imho.

That's true. Does the "XML Data Export" thingy in Sourceforge even include
tracker attachments? I'm guessing not, which is yet another problem. Of
course, we can just leave those in the SF tracker and import it into
bugzilla as needed. Not that much of a problem after all, I guess.

There must be someone else who have done this transition.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk