Subject: Re: rockbox_flash.rock?

Re: rockbox_flash.rock?

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:43:42 -0400

Yes, I can verify that this runs smoothly. It took me half an hour to
filter through the old information on the Wiki and in the docs but as
soon as I figured it out, it went flawlessly.

Here is the procedure I used.

Get the 2.5 release and unzip to the Recorder.

Get bootbox_rec.zip and unzip it in the root of the recorder.

ROLO or F1-boot to a RAM image of rockbox.

Go to .rockbox/rocks and play firmware_flash.rock

Let it execute.

Go to .rockbox and play rombox.ucl.

Let it execute.

Finished.

Delete the .bins in the root and the .ucl's if desired. Keep the
executable (ajbrec.ajz) in the root for emergency disc boots.

----
I have to say guys that this is one slick setup.  The more I use my
Recorder the more I love it.  It gets 6-8 hours' use every day.  The
execute-in-ROM version is excellent.
Thanks again,
John
On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:00:20 +0200 (MEST), "[IDC]Dragon"
<idc-dragon_at_gmx.de> wrote:
>Unzip v2.5 *completely* to your box, with the full .rockbox subdir. Unzip
>the bootbox files into the root of your box. Start rockbox v2.5: if you have
>flashed Rockbox already either by holding F1 when powering up, or by
>"playing" the ajbrec.ajz file. If you never flashed, just power on.
>
>Run "firmware_flash.rock" to burn BootBox.
>
>You then need to bring v2.5 into the second part of the flash. (This step is
>only interim, because the bootbox image contains a version which is a few
>weeks old. I'm gonna update them to either also contain v2.5, or no second
>image at all.)
>Play the .ucl file of your choice, in the .rockbox directory. I recommend
>"rombox.ucl", in fact we may drop supporting the other one.
>
>Jörg
>

>> How did you install bootbox? I can't get any of the ucl or
>> firmware_flash.rock (or any other .rock for that matter) to run.
>> Everything
>> says Incompatible Version. I've just downloaded 2.5 and bootbox for my
>> jbr20
>> v1.
---
John De Armond