Subject: Re: ot headphone recomendation

Re: ot headphone recomendation

From: Gert Brinkmann <g111_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 10:38:30 +0200

Neon John wrote:
> Koss PortaPros. THE best sub-$100 phones available. $29-39 is the
> usual price.

There are the PortaPro and the cheaper SportaPro. Both sound the same
and they are really the best that I know. You have to spend much more
money to get something significant better.

But: They are very open, you can hear everything around you. This is
good (save) if you want to use them outside, but it is not so good for
usage in e.g. trains where it can be very loud. Here perhaps the Koss
"The Plug" are a better choice, or as someone has recommended in this
list some weeks ago some Sony earplugs. If you want high quality
sounding earplugs you could take a look at ethymotics products (they
have one for AFAIR 99$ and others for 399$). (I did not hear them yet.)

Gert