Subject: Re: ot headphone recomendation

Re: ot headphone recomendation

From: Gert Brinkmann <g111_at_netcologne.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 10:50:25 +0200

Neon John wrote:

>>There are the PortaPro and the cheaper SportaPro. Both sound the same
>>and they are really the best that I know. You have to spend much more
>>money to get something significant better.
>
> No, they're not the same. I have several pair of PortaPros, a pair of

Here they are compared and you seem to be right (the Sennheiser PX100 is
also compared):
http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/porta.htm

I wonder about this. I have not compared them myself but heared
different opinions about the sound quality of SportaPro, PortaPro and
the KSC35 (the ear clips) when I was looking for head phones. So I wrote
an e-mail to Koss asking if there is a difference. They answered that
the "drivers" are the same for all three models, so I thought they only
differ in mechanical things and looking, but not in sound.

> Portapro II
> PortaPro IIs

How do you know if a shop offers the Portpro, Portapro II or the IIs?
e.g. on amazon.de they do not give information about this and just call
them "Porta Pro". Are they all available or are the old versions outdated?

Gert