Subject: RE: Cheap AA NiMH batteries (accu's) in the UK

RE: Cheap AA NiMH batteries (accu's) in the UK

From: Christopher Woods <christof_at_infinitus.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:30:50 -0000

I wouldn't totally agree on the "reputable" for Ebuyer, me and many of my
friends have had some horrible aftersales service (or lack of thereof) from
them, on purchases ranging from a few quid to thousands of pounds (including
£2,000 of monitors just left on someone's front doorstep while they were
out, after almost 2 months of non-delivery, mixed up orders, all sorts!) - I
think they're improving now, at least they've reintroduced their telephone
support after many complaints to Trading Standards, but I still don't really
trust them, especially not after how they handled my last two orders with
them.

That said, their prices are cheap - but if they're that cheap, imagine what
the profit margins are... The old adage of you get what you pay for holds
true here! Just thought I'd post to give people a more informed view of
ebuyer...

Check the user reviews of Ebuyer on Romulus2.com 's Feedback Arena -
http://www.romulus2.com/feedback/company.php?137 . As an example, their
lifetime rating for aftersales support and refund policies is a weak 3.10
out of 10, and recent ratings are worse! Of course sometimes you get very
quick, value-for-money service from them, and I don't want to post naught
but horror stories, but as a retailer, they aren't without their faults.