Subject: Re: Voice Box updates

Re: Voice Box updates

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 17:51:39 -0700

C wrote:
I made the change to add support for ogg files and it worked great. I made
the voice clip and transferred it to my Iriver IHP 120 and it worked great.
I would like to say thank you very much because most of my books are in ogg
format and now I don't have to hear the file names spelled out.
* Great work you programmer you! I'll wait for the update That Brian is
working on.

A question about OGG files.

I would like to start converting MP3's to OGG. I'd like some advice on
comparative bit rates. If I rip a 160 kbs 16 khz stereo MP3 from a CD, how
much smaller could I rip the file to OGG while maintaining the same quality?
How about an 32 kbs 8 kHz mono for my audio books?

Thanks...rocker