Subject: Re: Question Time

Re: Question Time

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 20:28:40 -0500

Colin Phelan wrote:
> Thank you Michael this version is perfect with my software.
> Can I plug into my hi fi and does it need to be a modern outlet as I tried
> it in my turntable feed from my Cyrus amp and it is so distorted that it
> obviously should not be in there.

Turntable inputs were typically at a lower voltage, IIRC, so that's probably not
the ideal situation. See a better explanation here:

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/home/connections_glossary.html?term=phono_input

Using line level inputs like AUX, CD, TAPE, or TUNER inputs (depending on what
your amp/preamp has available) would probably work better for you. I think it's
best to set the output level of your Archos to 92 as well (or less, if
necessary); this is the 'O db' reference level. You'll likely hear distortion if
you use higher output levels.