Subject: Re: DAISY-Format in Rockbox?

Re: DAISY-Format in Rockbox?

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 09:23:45 -0700

>Should that be "from protected wma to MP3" ?

Yeah. BTW, I've heard (but never tried) that Goldwave will go
directly from protected WMA to MP3 if the license bits are there so
that you can "legally" play the tune. Supposedly it uses the
microcrap codec interface; the DRM laying underneath that level.

Well Gold Wave never worked for me The only reliable way to make the change
is by recording and saving the WMA file using total recorder. Takes a long
time if your converting a large file. I'm still investigating ways to
convert using .iso utilities but that DRM stuff is a tough one. I want to
point out that I am only trying to convert files that I have already paid
for.

Cheers...rocker