Subject: Re: humongous lcds

Re: humongous lcds

From: ian douglas <id_at_w98.us>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 15:50:57 -0800

George Styles wrote:
> Couldnt it simulate the remote display on the iRiver, and then because
> Rockbox is open source you can hack the code so as the remote screen
> is 640x480 or whatever.

I'm sure it could, but I can guarantee with 99.999% assurity that
whatever graphics microcontroller is in your H100 series player is going
to be different than whatever will 'drive' your new bigger screen -
which means it's more than simply plugging wires - you'd have to get
some middleware/firmware written for the new graphics controller to
interpret the incoming graphics signal and translate it into signals
that the new screen needs.

As someone else mentioned, it's likely going to cost more than you're
willing to pay for a small 'return' on the investment.

It's totally doable, I'm sure, but I highly doubt it's a 'weekend' project.

-id