Subject: Re: iRiver time & Date

Re: iRiver time & Date

From: Andreas Stemmer <groovingandi_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:43:18 +0100

ian douglas wrote:
> My thinking was that maybe Rockbox would be 'smart' enough to detect a
> USB connection to the PC and get the current system time from the PC and
> set the clock on the Rockbox ... and since a lot of us are savvy enough
> users to use NTP anyhow, then the clock on our units could get sync'd
> every time we plugged it in - *if* the Rockbox firmware had a means to
> get the current system time from the OS.

Well, there is a means to get the current system time (at least
approximately): have a script on pc side, which touches a file when the
player is connected to USB, so that the file access date is updated.
Rockbox could save the internal time when a USB connection is made and
by comparing the saved time with the internal time, a correction could
be made.

Andreas