Subject: Re: Updated voiceBox package

Re: Updated voiceBox package

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 23:57:36 -0500

Glenn at home wrote:
> I got the second repair of the script, and I thought that was supposed to
> fix the problem of the script saying:
> cannot find file extension in c:\documents.
> but the latter version still does that for me.
> I copied the voicebox.hta file onto the desktop for running.
> Would a shortcut to this file instead, do the trick?

Yep, all the files have to be in a single folder in order for the script
to work, as it uses relative paths. You *can* place a shortcut to the
HTA on your desktop and run it from there. I just tested it, and it
worked fine.

Note also that when you run the HTA you can use it to create specific
shortcuts on your desktop, e.g. to voice a certain set of files and/or
folders. Once that has been done you probably won't even need to run the
HTA any more, unless you alter the paths to your music collection.