Subject: A hearty THANKS for a job well done

A hearty THANKS for a job well done

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:17:32 -0500

Tonight I took my JBR apart to attach a belt clip to the back of the
case. (I'm using an old Nextel heavy duty metal clip) I had the
batteries out and the thing halfway apart when I recalled that I'd
forgotten to put down a bookmark in the book I was listening to. I
semi-panicked since I could not remember where I was in the book.

Then I remembered from RTFSC. You clever programmers stash the RESUME
data in the real time clock chip's memory. CLEVER. Independently
battery backed. After I got the case back together and the batteries
in, I pressed ON and resumed right where I left off.

I just thought I'd take the occasion to say again, Well Done, Guys.
Thanks so much for what has become my constant companion - Rockbox and
the JBR.

----------

Now a question unrelated to RockBox. I wear headphones constantly
when I'm working. I seem to snag the cord constantly. Even when I
run the cord down through my shirt, the loop to the player still gets
caught. Since I'm constantly on the move, that happens a lot. I've
had to re-solder the headphone jack a couple of times now and I'm
afraid the jack is getting a little worse for wear. Not to mention
pulling the cord out of the plug on 3 sets of PortaPros now.

What I'm wondering is, is there an audio equivalent of the plug saver,
a short male/female cord that could be attached to the JBR, perhaps
with a small clamp, and then the 'phones plugged into the cord? I've
googled all over and I find plug savers for line power outlets, DB9,
DB25 and other assorted computer connectors but no min stereo jacks.

I thought about making one but I doubt that I could make as compact
assembly as is possible with molded rubber.

Has anyone ever seen such a critter? If so, where?

Thanks,
John
---
John De Armond