Subject: more lnk files

more lnk files

From: David Pedersen <dav-ped_at_frisurf.no>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 01:09:27 -0500

OK, I see that maybe the .lnk files won't neccessary do for our Linux/other
OS users. Sorry, but I don't know any of them. But here is an idea, that may
be one way to start:

Could it be implemented to rockbox an option in the browser - on the
player - where you hold down the play button when the actual file is shown
(and where you already have the options of adding to the playlist an d
deleting/renaming the file). Say that we put on an additonal option that
said something like CREATE SHORTCUT. By choosing this one, RB would create a
shortcut file, say with the extension .rblink, and took whatever information
it may need, and dropped into that .rblink file. Then, by hooking up the
player/recorder to your computer, you could use your computer's browser to
move these .rblink files to wherever you want, and even renaming them to
whatever you want. Now, we would have the function implementetd into rb; and
we could start to figure out whether or not to make up scripts so as to have
Windows/linux/whichever create .rblink files.

And, in the same token: We noticed recently a discussion on this list, as to
whether rb could handle higher hd capacity than the 120gb or so. Or, if it
can handle several partitions on one hd. I may be totally wrong here, but my
thought is, that if we can have rb handle some kind .link files, may be you
could have two or more partitions on your JB/IRiver, and from the primary
partition, simply have a .rblink file pointng to the files on other
partitions. Just throughing this out in the air... :)

 David